We are in the business of fashion & textiles. We are the UK voice and meeting place for suppliers of fashion & textiles providing: practical support, export advice, information exchange and a voice - to government - to retailers.
Grow your business internationally, build your profile within the industry and save money with UKFT
Build your international exposure
• Advice and support on choosing and getting into the right international trade shows
• Obtain grants for international trade shows
• One to one support and advice on UK and international business
• Regular contact with UKFT specialists to help you develop your business and contacts
Access to professional industry-specific business advice
• Advice on how to work with commission agents, buyers and press
• Member-only access when you want it to market reports, agency agreement guidelines, terms and condition guidelines and other resources at www.ukft.org
• Support with HR and employment issues from an in-house specialist, including tribunal support
• Help with identifying potential commission agents and buyers
• Signposting to overseas manufacturing
• Let’s Make It Here database to help you source fashion and textile manufacturers in the UK
Unrivalled technical information and expertise
• Access to essential information on labelling and standards, including Ginetex care labelling symbols and the latest EU rules on garment and textile labelling
• Member-only access to UKFT’s “British Colour Card” forecasting the UK wool textile colours and trends online
Expand your network
• Expand your network of contacts and meet fellow members at our networking events
• Access to UKFT’s network for under 35’s in the industry, UKFT RISE
• Get up to date information on markets, industry specific issues and all aspects of business development at UKFT’s seminars
Raise your profile within the industry
• Free listing in our annual publication, “Sources”, distributed to buyers, agencies and Embassies worldwide and showcased on our website
• Display an image of your collection in UKFT’s meeting space
• Pop up display in UKFT’s London HQ
Save your business money
• Help accessing government funding for international trade shows
• Free legal advice from our legal helpline
• Discounted “member-only” rates on services from our Associate Members including: foreign exchange, intellectual property protection, legal services, accountancy advice, retail and stand display, logistics and shipping,
• Use of UKFT’s showroom space at discounted rates, for meeting buyers, agents or for off-site confidential meetings and conferences.
Championing you and our industry in the media and in political circles
• UKFT sends out news stories to the media and has regularly featured on BBC TV and Radio, SKY, ITV, STV, CNBC News, Bloomberg as well as regular features in industry publications.
• UKFT is actively campaigning for Free Trade Agreements with Japan and the USA and was involved with the successful bid for an FTA with South Korea.
• UKFT has sponsored the setting up of the first All Party Parliamentary Group for Fashion and Textiles, chaired by Damian Collins MP.
• UKFT operates the Climate Change Levy Scheme for the industry which has already saved the industry over £30 million. A new scheme, running until 2023, has just been agreed between UKFT and Government.
As an Associate Member we work with you to promote you and your services to our Members. Apart from the specific e-shots and articles in our newsletters, we do this by inviting you to our Member networking events and introducing you to our Federated Members, as well as other interested parties.