Things to consider: Working with agents and distributors in the EU post-Brexit
UKFT held a webinar for members last month, hosted by Stephen Sidkin and Emma Roake of UKFT Associate Member Fox Williams LLP, to discuss some of the ways UK fashion and textile businesses contract with agents and distributors has changed as the result of the UK leaving the EU.
The document covers:
- Tips for outlining the grant or scope of the agent or distributor
- The issue of exclusivity
- The issue of new product ranges or sub-brands
- Indemnity or compensation
- English law or agreements governed by EU member states?
- Resale price maintenance
- The latest on the Lugano Convention