Brexit: Register for a EORI number now
Preparing for a ‘No Deal’ Brexit
- If you import or export to or from the EU you MUST register for an EORI number.
- If there is a no deal Brexit you will not be able to trade with the EU without an EORI number.
- If you do not have an EORI number your goods will be stopped at EU customs.
- You will need an EORI number by 11pm on the 29 March. It can take up to three days to be issued with an EORI number so you should apply now.
Registering for an EORI number is very simple and can be done here.
Having an EORI number allows you to:
- trade goods into or out of the UK.
- apply to be authorised for customs simplifications and procedures.
- submit import and export declarations using software.
For more information, visit our dedicated Brexit page here.
It is not yet clear whether the UK will leave the European Union with or without a deal. We do not currently know what a deal looks like but we do know what ‘no deal’ looks like and HM Government is attempting to prepare companies for that eventuality. UKFT is doing everything it can to make this process easier for fashion and textile exporters (and importers) by posting the most important documents and links on the Exiting the EU page on our site.
These are not the only ones but they are the most important for our industry. We will update them as information becomes available.