A Catwalk with Conscience in Bulgaria
The British Embassy in Sofia is inviting sustainable and ethical fashion brands to take part in The GREAT British Fashion Show 2019, A Catwalk with Conscience on 25 September 2019.
Set in the British Residence garden in Sofia, the Great British Fashion Show is one of the British Embassy’s most successful and influential events with more than 150 guests, all from the political, business, civil society, lifestyle areas and influencers. The participants of the catwalk are most of the British fashion brands represented in Bulgaria, where they have the chance to present their new collections in an attractive and different way in front of a great variety of guests and potential clients. The event last year raised the brand awareness of UK fashion brands among Bulgarian consumers, had commercial success and also demonstrated UK’s excellence in fashion and creativity.
The Embassy is now planning this year’s fashion show with a slightly different focus to keep things innovative and interesting. This year the them is ‘A Catwalk with Conscience’ which will focus on sustainability and ethical trade through showcasing UK’s best practice of socially responsible businesses in the fashion sector. The catwalk will highlight how British fashion brands are addressing the challenges of fast fashion and the steps they take to protect the environment and tackle anti-trafficking practices in their supply chains. The event is part of Embassy’s project related to tackling human trafficking in supply chains and aims to introduce and promote ethical trade in Bulgaria.
So why participate?
- Participation at the Fashion show will increase your visibility and put you in the right room with the right people;
- Be part of the first sustainable fashion show in Bulgaria contributing to social impact;
- Present your latest collection to targeted audience (most of the Bulgarian fashion importing companies will be at the event);
- Be one of the first fashion brands to bring the discussion around ethical and sustainable fashion;
- Meet face-to-face with your future clients/partners;
- Promote your brand in front of specialized fashion media and influencers;
- Take advantage of the growing market in the country and understand the most recent business opportunities in fashion and retail;
If you want to be part of our biggest event of the year, sell your business, be in the same room with some of the most influential people in Bulgaria and in the same time contribute to an impactful UK presence in the sustainable fashion sector, which is a timely reminder to European partners that the UK remains open for business, and that creativity has no hard borders, please contact the Embassy using the details below.
*Flights and accommodation are being covered after a short approval process by the Embassy’s Campaigns Committee.
Taljit Bhogal | British Embassy Sofia | Head of Campaigns and Prosperity |Mobile: +359 882 865 057 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Asya Krusteva | British Embassy Sofia | Communication and Media Intern |Mobile: +359 889 382 854 | E-mail: email@example.com;