Roundtable discussion on Agents and Distributors after Brexit
10 Dec 2020 | 2pm
Member Price £0
Standard Price £10
Webinar via Zoom
Leaving the EU will impact most areas of the UK fashion and textile industry. Whether you are an exporter or an importer, the changes around how to work with agents will be profound.
There will be many legal questions:
- Can you still engage an agent subject to the laws of England and Wales, or Scotland? Does my existing agreement need to be changed?
- Who will pay the duty on samples and how will they reach my agent?
Similarly, on the commercial side there will be questions too:
- Will agents still want to work with UK brands or will this become less profitable for them?
- How has Covid-19 affected agents and their ability to make a profit?
- Have some of them been thriving because of Covid-19?
Join us on 10 December at 2pm for a Roundtable, when we’ll be discussing these questions and more.
We will be joined by Stephen Sidkin of Fox Williams LLP, a recognised authority on international law and Anton Dell, an experienced private agent recruiter. Also on the call will be representatives of other UK companies including Johnstons of Elgin and John Smedley.
During the hour-long roundtable discussion, we shall discuss the challenges and opportunities of working with agents, initially in the EU but also more broadly. We will hear from Stephen Sidkin on areas he believes UK companies should be looking at when they review their agency agreements in the light of Brexit. We will also be looking at the broader issues of working with agents both post-Covid and post-Brexit.
£10: General admission
£5 for UKFT Rise subscribers
Free for UKFT members (please find your exclusive code in our latest member newsletter, or contact email@example.com )
The Roundtable will be held on Zoom and a link will be emailed to you prior to the event.