Selling to Japan – market roundtable
15 Nov 2018 | 16.00 - 18.00
Member Price Free
Standard Price £25.00
3 Queen Square
LONDON WC1N 3AR
Japan is one of the top export markets for British fashion brands. As the second biggest ecommerce market in Asia and fourth in the world, it provides abundant retail opportunities both for direct consumer and wholesale routes. Established department stores and independent boutiques alike are keen to carry British ranges, responding to the consumer demand for edgy design and heritage quality.
This makes Japan a very appealing market however it is necessary to understand its trend driven, fluctuating landscape and specific commercial habits. The UKFT Japan Roundtable brings together industry speakers to discuss the market for fashion and textile businesses and how to make a success of the opportunity:
- The Market in Japan today – briefing update
- Strategy for entering the market – how to select and approach the right partners
- How to build lasting business relationships – securing and nurturing buyer accounts
- How your collection may need to adjust to reflect the consumer demand
- The key retailers, department stores, fashion speciality stores, how to approach them and which overseas international exhibitions they visit
- Leading ecommerce platforms in Japan – Rakuten, Amazon Japan, Yahoo and other niche speciality platforms. Should they be part of your sales strategy, or will they damage your potential approach to market?
Paul Alger, Director of International Business, UKFT
Bill Leach, Sales Director, John Smedley
Katsu Nakabo, London Office, Marubeni Europe
Jim Pickles, Department for international Trade
After the seminar there will be an opportunity to network with fellow delegates, complimentary drinks will be served.
Tickets are free for UKFT members, booking required with a limit of 2 tickets per person.