Grant funding scheme for vulnerable supply chains
COVID-19: Government financial support for garment businesses with vulnerable supply chains in developing countries.
In response to the Coronavirus, Covid-19, the Government has set up Covid-19 Vulnerable Supply Chains Facility (VSCF).
This initiative offers grants and/or technical assistance of the value between £200,000 and £600,000. It has been established by the Department for International Development (DFID) in partnership with the Department for International Trade.
The support is intended to ensure vulnerable workers and suppliers are prepared for the economic and social shocks of Covid-19.
VSCF will support proposals that focus on the garment and agriculture sectors in at least one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Chad, DRC, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, OPTs, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Applications of support from VSCF are welcome from:
- businesses facing industry challenges and looking for advisory/ facilitation support
- businesses looking to support the livelihoods of poor and vulnerable workers and suppliers in their supply chains
- not-for-profit organisations supporting MNCs/SMEs and their suppliers in specific sectors/ geographies
- not-for-profit organisations supporting transparency and accountability mechanisms within/across specific supply chains
- not-for-profit organisations supporting informal workers and smallholder farmers that are part of global supply chains
To apply you must submit a concept note using the CVSCF template by 5pm GMT, 20 May 2020. Further rounds of funding may be offered but are not guaranteed.
Only concept notes submitted in this format will be accepted and businesses are advised to submit their notes as soon as possible to COVID19vulnerablesupplychains@dfid.gov.uk in case of follow-up questions.
Please read the Request for Proposals below for more information.
UKFT is in constant dialogue with the government and is outlining the latest support available for businesses on our website. We will update the details as and when the situation changes.