UKFT is a passionate supporter of the UK manufacturing sector and welcomes businesses which produce garments and accessories into membership.
Manufacturing members will have full access to the core UKFT membership benefits, as well as the following:
- Matchmaking: through targeted introductions to new clients as well as exclusive access to events
- Networking: exclusive networking opportunities with other manufacturers and businesses across the rest of the industry
- Partnership: facilitating introductions between member businesses for collaboration, partnerships and best practice sharing
- Mentoring: the UKFT manufacturing mentoring programme links up newer manufacturing businesses with those more established
- Promotion: the opportunity to promote your business to our network through the UKFT newsletter, website and social media
- Manufacturing Heroes: a campaign to uncover the hidden heroes behind the UK fashion and textile industry. UKFT is working with members and their teams to highlight the inspiring images of the environment and people that work within the production side of the industry
- Letsmakeithere.org: UKFT’s new-look, free sourcing database for UK fashion and textiles, which is now available in 7 languages. UKFT members will receive enhanced listings, promotional spotlights and UKFT member badging
- Special rates for exhibitors: Members receive discounted rates at selected events
- Access to funding – UKFT can offer advice on attracting investment for your business, as well as highlighting relevant funding opportunities for the industry, both local and nationwide
- Bid support: UKFT will support members’ funding bids where appropriate
- Skills development : UKFT aims to raise the skills and productivity of the people who work in the fashion and textile industry to the highest level, ensuring the UK sector remains competitive in a global marketplace. Find out more about what we are doing and how you can get involved here
- Apprenticeship and training advice: access to UKFT’s skills and training team for tailored support from developing a training strategy for your business, to identifying appropriate training and qualifications, to introductions to training partners
- Export support to enter new markets and expand globally
- Work with our education partners to support the development of industry-fit training and career advice. Donate surplus materials to training programmes; host student tours of your premises; introduce students to your business
- Representation: UKFT represents the needs of the manufacturing industry to both local and national government, as well as promoting the industry as a whole to the national and trade press
- Make your voice heard on a variety of issues from pay (UKFT gives regular evidence to the government’s Low Pay Commission on the impact of the National Living Wage) to employment conditions (UKFT is working closely with the Home Office and the GLAA with the aim of eradicating labour exploitation in garment supply chains as a signatory to the Apparel and General Merchandise Public and Private Protocol). More here.
- London manufacturing: UKFT supports a member-led network of London-based businesses to help address some of the specific challenges faced in the Capital.
For more information and to join, please contact email@example.com