Exploring New Opportunities with Education Partner Manchester Metropolitan University’s Fashion Institute
UKFT is committed to working with universities, colleges and training providers to ensure that the next generation of talent is equipped with the latest skills to enable the UK fashion and textiles industry to thrive. Find out more about how we work with UKFT Education Partners and how to join here.
UKFT is delighted to collaborate with its Education Partner Manchester Metropolitan University’s Fashion Institute to unlock opportunities for students, industry professionals and the wider community. The aim of this partnership is to offer a comprehensive learning experience to students pursuing a career in the fashion and textile sector. Growing their knowledge and understanding of the industry is essential to successfully secure internships, placements and job opportunities upon graduation.
This partnership is a platform for UKFT and Manchester Metropolitan University’s (MMU) Fashion Institute to exchange knowledge, expertise and resources. UKFT visited MMU’s Fashion Institute last week to meet the team, explore new opportunities and tour the site and its facilities. The partnership can:
- Provide students access to real-world experience and industry insights
- Allow students to interact with industry professionals, attend workshops and seminars, and participate in networking events
- Facilitate research opportunities and enable academics and industry experts to collaborate on projects to tackle key issues within the fashion and textile industry
- Lead to the development of new technologies, sustainable practices and innovative solutions
MMU’s Fashion Institute and UKFT’s collaboration can have a positive economic impact and contribute to the sustainable growth of the fashion and textile industry. As it supports the development of highly skilled students and graduates, it has the potential to create a new workforce capable of driving the sector forward. In addition to enhancing students’ learning experience, it can boost research and innovation within the industry.
- Manchester Fashion Institute: Part of Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), it is home to a community of over 1,500 fashion students (spanning designers, merchandisers, managers, promoters, art directors). It is a space of collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurship, with teachings that cross disciplinary boundaries and stimulate new connections and creative thinking. MMU has an impressive range of industry leading technology and equipment and an Industry trained Technical Services teams which are available for commission, collaborative projects and training for industry professionals.
- UKFT’s Education Partner membership facilitates greater connectivity between education and industry to support an infrastructure that is responsive to current and future industry requirements; to supply a critical pipeline of skilled new entrants into employment; and to unlock important research, funding and innovation opportunities.