UKFT Academy | Production Sewing Machinist Programme
UKFT is delighted to announce the launch of its Production Sewing Machinist Programme, which you can discover by visiting UKFT Academy. Comprised of a series of seven short courses, it combines online and practical learning to ensure that learners are equipped with the required technical expertise and knowledge to become fast, efficient production sewing machinists in the shortest possible time.
There is huge demand for skilled production sewing machinists in the fashion and textile industry. The programme will help to address this skills shortage by training the next generation of professionals. UKFT has worked with leaders from the sector to develop content which is aligned with the current skills needs.
The programme covers everything from industrial sewing techniques and best-practices, essential knowledge on quality, costs, efficiency, materials and machines, health and safety, working relationships and employability skills. Designed to be flexible, the programme allows learners to fit the training around busy schedules as all courses are pre-recorded.
The programme consists of seven courses which include over 120 lessons:
- Course 1: The role of a production machinist
- Course 2: Industrial machines
- Course 3: Industrial sewing
- Course 4: The sewing machinist apprenticeship standard
- Course 5: Quality and quantity
- Course 6: Fabric and materials
- Course 7: Employability and workplace procedures
Each course within the programme earns UKFT accreditation. Certificates are awarded after successful completion of the skills and knowledge challenges within each lesson. Learners will work toward a full course certificate for those who have completed the entire programme.
Who is the Programme for?
The Production Sewing Machinist Course is aimed at new recruits to the industry with little experience, domestic sewers wishing to upskill, machinists returning to work or existing staff who may need to refresh their skills and knowledge. Learning can be undertaken independently or supported by a trainer. Learners can fall into three categories:
- An employee: who has been recruited to train as an industrial sewing machinist and whose learning will be overseen by a supervisor or manager
- A trainee: who is working with a training provider either in the workplace or in a learning environment.
- An independent learner: who is not employed or enrolled with a training provider, but who wishes to gain the skills and knowledge required to work in the industry.
UKFT members, Education partners and those who wish to enrol cohorts of 5+ can access an exclusive discount on the programme.
Click on the link below for further information:
Course 1: The role of a production machinist
Course 2: Industrial machines
Course 3: Industrial sewing
Course 4: The sewing machinist apprenticeship standard
Course 5: Quality and quantity
Course 6: Fabric and materials
Course 7: Employability and workplace procedures