Production and Sourcing
This masterclass is is delivered by a practicing industry expert with experience spanning over 20 years in sourcing, production and product lifecycle management, for brands such as Roland Mouret, Hunter, Sophia Webster, Ben Sherman, Monsoon and Liberty.
The masterclass will offer students an in-depth understanding of Production and Sourcing for the fashion and textiles industry, from a global perspective and with a closer focus on UK sourcing. Covering a range of topics including:
- Identifying hidden costs
- Building supply chain and sourcing strategies
- Preparing a business for UK sourcing
- Understanding sourcing terminology
- …and much more.
Fit and Sample Development
This masterclass is delivered by a highly regarded pattern cutter and fit specialist whose portfolio ranges from bespoke work with high profile celebrities to consulting for luxury and couture brands, to re-developing blocks and systems for major retailers with clients including River Island, Margaret Howell, Topshop, Sahara, Cath Kidston and many more.
The content will be both knowledge based and hands-on. Students will learn about:
- Developing good foundations and systems
- Critical path and sampling timeframes
- The relationship between design and fabric
- Identifying key fit issues
- Fixing common fit issues
- Efficiency and costing
Product Lifecycle Management
This masterclass is delivered by a practicing industry specialist with experience spanning over 20 years in sourcing, production and product lifecycle management, for brands such as Roland Mouret, Hunter, Sophia Webster, Ben Sherman, Monsoon and Liberty.
The masterclass offers a comprehensive analysis of the lifecycle of a product. Students will leave with practical examples of processes and methods that can be implemented to improve productivity and profitability. They will learn about:
- Planning tools and methods
- Identifying key stages
- Teams, internal structures and communication
- Managing project timelines
- Allocating resource correctly to achieve project goals
- Managing internal and external project objectives
- Software and support mechanisms to support project management
Fabric and Fabric Sourcing
This masterclass is delivered by an experienced menswear designer and fabric specialist, formerly Head of Design at Gieves and Hawkes, with experience working in the UK, Europe, China and the US. It will give students the knowledge to help them make the best fabric sourcing decisions for their product and designs. Covering a range of topics including:
- Yarns, weaves, fabric types and terminology
- Washing, finishing, dyeing and printing techniques
- Sourcing trims
- Sourcing fabrics
- Sampling and production considerations
- Design decisions vs sourcing decisions
- Global market considerations
UKFT’s Education Partners receive discounted rates for all UKFT training.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.