From the start of academic year 2020/21 UKFT will be working with The Drapers’ Company to deliver the annual bursary programme.
We are looking to build new lasting relationships with a small number of universities who we can work with to help us deliver financial support to students from across the UK.
The bursaries are intended to benefit students who might otherwise struggle to support themselves to take up an internship away from home.
The bursary comprises of £600 per month for a maximum of three months to support living expenses.
The bursary is available to students who:
- Are studying a design and/or technical course in fashion and textiles
- Are UK residents
- Would otherwise financially struggle to take up a placement opportunity
- Have or will be securing their own placement(s)
- Will be seeking a UK based placement
- Are studying in their second year or sandwich year