The SME Brexit Support Fund is open for applications
Businesses can apply for a grant of up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice relating to import or export with Europe via the new SME Brexit Support Fund.
To qualify, the business must have less than 500 employees and no more than £100 million annual turnover.
Businesses can apply for up to £2,000 in total through two types of grants:
Grant for Training: The grants can be used to provide training on the following:
- How to complete customs declarations
- How to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- Specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
Grant for Professional Advice: The grant can be used to get professional advice, so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
To be eligible, your business must also either:
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)
Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier, if all funding is allocated before this date.
Find out more here.
Visit UKFT’s Brexit Guidance page for more details on export support for UK fashion and textile companies.