Can fashion be truly sustainable? – The Big Debate
UKFT’s Paul Alger chaired a webinar with Manchester-based The Fashion Network, alongside Dr Patsy Perry, Reader in Fashion Marketing at Manchester Metropolitan University; and Mark Bloom, Managing Director at KOMODO.
The webinar looked at the impact that our current working practices have already had, explore the new proposed way of doing things and debate if they are able to really make a difference to both the environment and the bottom line.
– What do we mean by sustainability?
– What has been the cost of past and current practices to date?
– What is greenwashing and how much of an issue is it?
– Is there hypocrisy amongst consumers? (in particular gen z)
– New trends in sustainable sourcing
– How important is upcycling, recycling & thrifting?
– The commerciality of sustainable fashion?