Production sewing machinist training opportunities in Skelmersdale
Do you want the opportunity to learn industrial sewing machinist skills with a guaranteed job interview at the end?
UKFT is working with Redwood TTM and The Sewing Rooms, both based in Skelmersdale in Lancashire, to offer opportunities to train as an industrial sewing machinist and gain employment in the technical textile sector.
The Sewing Rooms will offer UKFT’s online and practical training for production sewing machinists over a six week period. The training is offered free of charge for eligible candidates, subject to availability.
Upon the successful completion of the training, candidates will be offered an interview for permanent, full-time employment with Redwood TTM.
Redwood currently has vacancies for skilled machinists to join their growing team of Sewing Machinists. The company’s skilled team produce medical and retail mattress, along with medical handling devices.
Redwood is a privately-owned business that started trading in 1994. Initially the core business was the purchase, treatment, and distribution of a range of technical fabrics for use in a variety of high-tech manufacturing processes. In 2006, the company further expanded into manufacturing enabling them to expand its portfolio of products and increase its customer base.
The key responsibility of a sewing machinist is to make sewn products that meet specifications and quality criteria, with particular emphasis on maintaining quality standards whilst working at the required efficiency rate and meeting targets and deadlines.
Key areas of the role:
- Organisation and maintenance of an efficient workstation
- Operating specialist industrial sewing machines
- Adhering to health and safety rules and regulations
- Working with a variety of materials, threads and trimmings
- Using a variety of sewing production techniques and methods
- Producing sewn items that meet quality standards, targets and deadlines
- Interpreting and following instruction and technical specifications
- Monitoring and maintaining the workflow
- Routine machine maintenance
Key Skills Required:
- An open and friendly personality that works well in a team
- Self motivation and pride in their work
- Must be able to learn new skills quickly
- Adaptable to new situations and new ways of working
Interested? Contact Rachel Idle, Group HR Manager at Redwood Group Holdings by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org