CAPITB Trust is an independent charity providing support and funding for “people employed, or about to be employed, in the British clothing industry”.
Formerly the “Clothing and Allied Products Industry Training Board”, the Trust was established in 1990 and each year seeks to make donations to projects that will enhance skills within the British clothing industry. CAPITB Trust is a perpetual trust and will continue to fund fashion training as long as the need exists.
The Grants Committee, made up of Board members who are experts from the industry, assess how each application will benefit the fashion and textile industry. The Trust’s grants have benefited a number of businesses, including Richard Anderson, Henry Poole & Co, H Huntsman & Sons, Future Textiles Limited, Bonnie Tartan, Bebop Dancewear, Harwick Knitwear, the Scottish Textile and Leather Association and Samuel Brothers.
As well as its own funding activities, the Trust also works in partnership with and accepts donations from other like-minded grant making bodies and is proud to be associated with the UK Fashion & Textile Association (UKFT), Fashion Enter and Textile Centre of Excellence. CAPITB Trust also supports industry initiatives that showcase existing and emerging skilled individuals, such as the Golden Shears Awards with the Merchant Taylors.
CAPITB Trust accepts applications for grants from individuals and businesses of all sizes. The Board considers every application and welcomes any application that demonstrates how the fund can be used to enhance the skill base and capability of the fashion and textile industry.
CAPITB Trust is interested in grant applications from the following:
- Companies within the British Fashion and Textile Industry who need financial assistance to provide a training programme for skills.
- Organisations running, or intending to run competitions that promote the development of skills needed by the British Fashion and Textile Industry.
- Other Awarding Bodies related to skills development, where combined funding leads to enhanced benefits to the Industry.
- Individuals to enable them to enter and/or complete a training programme that will provide them with the skills required by the Industry. An employer capable and willing to provide the required training must be identified.
- Individuals already employed within the Industry, who need to acquire additional skills which will advance their career and service to the Fashion and Textile sector. A capable and willing training provider must be identified.
CAPITB Trust might be able to help you with your fashion training needs; find out if you’re eligible to apply for a grant.