UK menswear: Sustainable developments and innovation at Pitti Uomo for June 22
UK menswear brands, often with an impressive heritage and commitment to manufacturing locally, have sustainability at their core but that doesn’t mean they can rest on their laurels when it comes to innovation.
Here are some of the latest developments outlining how UK brands are going one step further to minimise their impact on the environment and continue to delight discerning customers worldwide:
- The Cambridge Satchel Company offers a ‘restitch, replace and restore’ service
- Rapport London launches finger Touch ID on its latest watch winder cabinets
- Peregrine can trace raw materials directly back to the source
- Johnstons of Elgin: producing feather-light Cashmere and Merino Wool styles for all seasons
- Tateossian launches eco-friendly styles featuring beads made from recycled glass and vegan leather alternatives
The UK group at Pitti Uomo this season also includes RAEBURN, which has built a strong reputation for responsible design since 2009, and Bluebuck, which specialises in sustainable underwear, swimwear, tops and socks made using organic cotton and recycled fibres.
Discover the full list of UK menswear brands at Pitti Uomo in Florence in June 2022 here.
*Bluebuck, Carl Friedrik and Only The Blind have received support from the Department for International Trade this season.